Disney startar ett serieförlag

Har du hört något nytt som du vill berätta om? Här är platsen att berätta om det.
Användarvisningsbild
Marqus
Fine
Kontakt:

Disney startar ett serieförlag

Inlägg av Marqus »

The Walt Disney Studios has signed a multi-year deal with Ahmet Zappa, Harris Katleman and Christian Beranek to oversee the newly christened Kingdom Comics, an innovative new venture of developing graphic novels to create new film projects for the Studio as well as re-imagining and rejuvenating motion pictures from the Disney live-action Vault, it was announced today by Oren Aviv, president, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Production.

Kingdom Comics will soon announce some of the top graphic novelists and artists in the genre who will collaborate on upcoming projects. Disney Publishing Worldwide will have the first opportunity to distribute publications created by Kingdom Comics.

Commenting on the announcement, Aviv said, "We're very excited to be working with Harris, Ahmet and Christian in developing this new business devoted to creating stories and properties for the graphic novel audience, as well as for moviegoers. They are three of the top talents in their respective fields and together they have the knowledge, expertise and instincts to create great publications and film properties. Some of these exciting publications will be inspired by films and characters in the vast and storied Disney library, while other original graphic novels are sure to spark great ideas for future Disney classics. Our vision for Kingdom Comics is to bring a fresh, contemporary approach to Disney properties that already have a strong connection with moviegoers and readers all over the world, and to add to that storytelling legacy."

Zappa added, "The ability to create new publications based on properties from the Disney vaults, and to develop original ideas for graphic novels and possibly future Disney films, is a dream job filled with enormous fun and potential. Being a storyteller myself, I can't wait to work with some of today's top writers and artists in bringing a fresh approach to graphic novels and the movies. We're also excited to discover and develop promising new talents in this field."

Katleman said, "I have been involved with my share of exciting projects and worked with lots of great talent over the years. Working with Ahmet and Christian in creating Kingdom Comics for Disney is as exciting as anything I've ever done. We're all looking forward to working with Oren and his team in developing some fantastic new projects for the printed page and the silver screen."

Beranek added, "Graphic novels continue to have an enormous following all over the world and we're hoping to bring something new and different to those devoted fans. There are a lot of great stories waiting to be told, including some familiar properties residing in the Disney vaults. This is the opportunity of a lifetime and we can't wait to get started."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45480

Vad tror ni om detta?
Användarvisningsbild
Ingemar
Near Mint

Inlägg av Ingemar »

Jag trodde familjen Zappa jobbade med musik, inte serier.
Användarvisningsbild
Laureline
Fine
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Laureline »

[quote]Ursprungligen postat av Marqus

Vad tror ni om detta?
[/quote]

jag vet inte om det är nått jag ser fram emot.. [xx(]

i bästa fall ett projekt för att mjölka egna befintliga IP. (som man får känslan av i text och kommentarer)

i värsta fall ett nytt bolag som kommer köpa upp och förstöra andras befintliga IP, eller rent av originalen.
Användarvisningsbild
Marqus
Fine
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Marqus »

Jo, men Ahmet är väl musiker också? Det ena utesluter ju inte det andra :)

Laureline: Jo, men nu säger dom ju att dom i första hand kommer att satsa på att ta fram nya serier som senare ska kunna adapteras till film och också göra serier på deras icke-animerade filmer om jag förstår saken rätt. Antar att vi inom en snar framtid kommer få se Pirates of the Carribean-serier.
Men jag tror också att Disney för ett tag sen köpte upp ett serieförlag som gjorde fantasy-serier (Sorjourn mfl), så förmodligen kommer väl Kingdom Comics att ge ut dessa också.
Användarvisningsbild
Laureline
Fine
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Laureline »

[quote="Marqus"]

Antar att vi inom en snar framtid kommer få se Pirates of the Carribean-serier.

Men jag tror också att Disney för ett tag sen köpte upp ett serieförlag som gjorde fantasy-serier (Sorjourn mfl), så förmodligen kommer väl Kingdom Comics att ge ut dessa också.
[/quote]

det var det jag menade med mjölka. (sen att filmerna redan är en sorts mjölkning av en annan Disney-IP kanske gör min invändning lite lam men..) [|)]

och detta i värstafallet var då att de skulle pådyvla befintliga eller kommande serier nuvarande Disneyfiering för saker som kanske inte helt passar Disney. (men det är ju bara en långt gående förutfattad mening givetvis, hursomhelst lär vi höra det från upphovsmän eller talibanserieläsare först isåfall)
Användarvisningsbild
Comic man
Fine

Inlägg av Comic man »

Hm, om de verkligen vill skapa ngt nytt som de säger att de vill, måste de gå utanför den trygghetszon de själva skapat. Som exempel kan man ta Kalle Anka-tidningarna, många ggr fantasifulla historier men med haken att status quo måste upprätthållas. De måste skapa än mer levende karaktärer, som utvecklas med tiden, om de ska lyckas hålla gamla läsare kvar och samtidigt locka till sig nya. Att gräva i garderoben efter förra decenniets skåpmat tror jag inte på en sekund. [:(!] Vidare håller jag med föregående post, om att Disney + underavdelningar är duktiga på att mjölka sina kunder.
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Skriv svar