Karim

Här postar du dina egna alster.
Kategoriregler
Varje serieskapare får skapa max en tråd per serie. Dvs användaren Herge får ha en tråd om Tintin, en om Johan, Lotta och Jocko, en om Totor osv. Användaren DC Comics får skapa en tråd för Superman och en för Batman, men inte därefter en tråd för Superman/Batman-crossover.
Tänk på att en Internet-publicering kan påverka dina möjligheter att senare sälja serien till ett förlag.
Kartsa
Good

Karim

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Hi to everyone on this forum. I made an account to present my comic, named Karim. The story takes place in Sweden's beloved neighbor Finland, during the 90's. Corruption and crime are out of control in this dystopian version of Turku/Åbo. The main character Karim Mabare, is a 16 year-old boy trying to survive in this hellhole. During the story he has to make difficult choises and try live with his decisions. Telling more about the plot, would mean giving away spoilers and I don't plan on doing that.
By now you must be wondering why i don't write in swedish, because they teach that in Finland. Lets just say that i was never really excited about learning it properly, so I will write in english so that people can actually understand.
I posted the cover to the comic's first issue, which is already published in Finland. We also have a homepage, but unfortunately the english version is still being worked on... But anyways feel free to check the site out: karimsarjakuvat.weebly.com

http://karimsarjakuvat.weebly.com/uploa ... 47.jpg?301
Användarvisningsbild
Magnus
Near Mint

Re: Karim

Inlägg av Magnus »

Looks really interesting!
A dystopian story set in the past.

I like the cover design.
Would be nice to see some samples from inside the album.

How does the title translate to swedish?
Automatic translate gives, "bytesdjur och rovdjur".
Simma lugnt!
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

"Prey and predators" ...
I hate pop. And skiffle. I tell ya, this is going to be the best jazz decade ever.
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Well i checked it out on google translator, and the translation from the english version (The prey and the predator) was: bytet och rovdjur. I probably wont translate the book to swedish, atleast not by myself. But were currenty translating it to English, so i might post some of the first pages soon.
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

Google gives me a warning about Weebly. It might not be serious.

"Bytet och rovdjuret", if you want to preserve the tense...

Are there any further plans for the publishing schedule? Are you able to buy the magazine in regular convenience and grocery stores? In Sweden, the costs for going into distribution is very high, due to what is practically a monopoly.
I hate pop. And skiffle. I tell ya, this is going to be the best jazz decade ever.
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Ok good to know about that warning. I might look into it later on. But I can personally guarantee that the comic's homepage has no malware or anything like that.

But about the publishing schedule... Well currenty we're working on stage 1, which is raising awareness about the on forums and other places. After we think there might be enough demand in order to make an english version of the comic, then I'll start translating the remaining pages. And when all of this is done, then I would start worrying about the distribution.
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

But you mentioned the first comic was already published in Finland? How are you able to get hold of a copy?
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Well yeah you can get a Finnish copy of the comic. For example Turun Sarjakuvakauppa (Turku comicbook store) sells all of the first three issues that have been published in Finland. It's also possible to order one from the comic's homepage. But i really don't know if it's of much use to you when you can't understand it.

The issues that have come out so far are:

Karim #1 The prey and the predator
Karim #2 The ends justify the means
Karim #3 Crime and punishment
Karim #4 Fear the Ripper (still in development)
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

Can't hurt to provide a link when you're in the process of advertising, anyway.

So, it's "Fear the Ripper", not "Fear the Reaper"? (Or is the Finnish title a pun?)
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

The link to the store's homepage is here: http://www.sarjakuvakauppa.fi/

And about the title of the fourth one... No that really is the way it's supposed to be, but i admit that i got the idea from the song (Don't fear the reaper). The title represent's one of the characters that will make his debut in #4. A former hitman of the goverment/now a retired vigilante named the ripper.
Cadial
Very Fine

Inlägg av Cadial »

Wakuran skrev:Can't hurt to provide a link when you're in the process of advertising, anyway.

So, it's "Fear the Ripper", not "Fear the Reaper"? (Or is the Finnish title a pun?)

Jag imponeras av Wakurans musiksmak! Kort; det ar mycket svart att oversatta fran ett sprak till ett annat. Nagot gar alltid forlorat pa vagen...
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Now that I got started, I might as well post the link's to the covers of the second and third issue.

ps. How can I post images here, on the forum?

Second issue cover:
http://karimsarjakuvat.weebly.com/uploa ... 23.jpg?306

Third issue cover:
http://karimsarjakuvat.weebly.com/uploa ... 65.jpg?315
Användarvisningsbild
Wakuran
Admin

Inlägg av Wakuran »

If you have the direct link to the image, you just click on "fullständig redigerare" and include it between the image tags. Should work as long as the web hotel allows external linking.

Bild

Bild
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

First of all, sorry for the long delay in any kind of news. We have been very busy back in Finland, and now our work seems to have finally paid off.

Without further delay, here is the cover to issue #4: Fear the Reaper

Bild

Our second big news is that we have now acquired a publisher for our collection of the first five issues. It is also now possibly a matter of weeks before the English digital version of Karim #1 is available. So far we have planned to make the first issue a free read (but no promises).

more news about this soon...
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Here is some new info about the series. I'll start with the good news

First of all, we have now completed translating Karim #1. It still requires some finishing touches however... We also have now made an English homepage for the comic. The page is still far from perfection, but it's being constantly updated. For anyone interested, we have already added some translated preview pages.

The bad news are that, regardless of my attempts to contact Swedish publishers, we haven't managed to strike a deal yet. But we're not giving up that easily, and we're planning on releasing the first translated issue as an E-book that can be read as a pdf-file. But more news on that in the summer.

But go check out the preview pages and the site. Comments are appreciated and if you like what you see, spread the word about the comic.

karimcomics.weebly.com
Användarvisningsbild
larsa66
Kontakt:

Inlägg av larsa66 »

Looks nice... wish u luck
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

Karim - Outsider (Issues 1-5) is now on Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/un ... ?ref=users

The collection of the first five issues is going to be published by Underbelly Comics http://www.underbellycomix.com/
We're also on Twitter and Facebook.

https://twitter.com/KarimComics

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Karim/387004531460471

Bild
Kartsa
Good

Inlägg av Kartsa »

A sample page from Karim - Outsider. Introducing Turku's very own dark avenger, the Slasher.
Follow on twitter to get more updates: https://twitter.com/KarimComics

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
rkaj
Near Mint
Kontakt:

Inlägg av rkaj »

This seems quite interesing, I ordered the book on kickstarter!
Skriv svar